Culverhouse awards scholarships every year to students of outstanding merit.
When selecting scholarship recipients, Culverhouse committees use the campus-wide scholarship application, which is available below. Once an application is submitted, it cannot be viewed again. Please make sure to write down any information you need before submitting.
Currently enrolled students who are seeking scholarship assistance, please log in to MyBama and click the Academics tab, then look in the center column for the Scholarships box.
You must fill out the scholarship application on MyBama by the deadline to receive any awards.
Factors affecting your application include but are not limited to:
- GPA/Test Scores
- Major/Career Interests
- Location of Permanent Residence
- High School
- Leadership Experience/Extracurricular Involvement
- First-Generation College Students
- Diversity on Campus
- Physical Disability/Ability to Overcome Physical Challenges
Thank You Notes
Frequently Asked Questions
How are recipients notified?
All award letters are sent to student’s crimson email account and will contain instructions on how to accept the awards.
- When will recipients be notified?
- Recipients are notified between March and April of each year.
- What is the typical amount of an award?
- Award amounts vary based on the scholarship in question. Typical awards range from $500 a semester to $1500 a semester.
- What GPA do I have to have to keep my scholarship?
- Your UA GPA must meet the minimum qualifications set forth in the individual scholarship; traditionally that GPA requirement is a 3.0.
- What happens if I do not meet the GPA requirement?
- You will be on probation which requires a semester GPA of 3.0. If you are unable to meet that requirement you will lose the scholarship, but are eligible to reapply the following year if grades improve.
- What should I include on my application?
- Please be thorough when filling out your application. Set aside at least 30 minutes to complete it. List any achievements or interest that you believe help set you apart from the other applications. When in doubt add more information not less. If you have declared a specialization, please indicate in the last question on the scholarship application under ‘Extenuating Circumstances.’