Leadership Exploration and Development
What is UA Business LEAD?
UA Business LEAD is a required professional development and student engagement program in the Culverhouse College of Business that prepares students to be career-ready.
It is a holistic and competency-based program where students engage in both academic and co-curricular activities designed to further their personal and professional development.
Culverhouse students on the 2020 catalog are required to earn 250 UA Business LEAD (professional development) points in Suitable by the end of every spring semester. The courses below are required electives that help students fulfill their 250 LEAD point requirement.
- Required Professional Development Courses (one-credit hour each)
- GBA 146: Exploring Your Path
- GBA 246: Choosing Your Path
- GBA 346: Pursuing Your Path
Additional Ways to Earn LEAD Points:
- Career and Professional Development Workshops
- See the Activities Tab in Suitable
- Capstone Experiences
- Study Abroad
- Professional Practice
- Speaker Series
- Business Analytics Symposium
- International Business Symposium
- Lowder Lecture Series
We would love to hear from you!
Keely S. Latopolski, Ph.D.
Director, Professional Development and Engagement
The components of UA Business LEAD are driven by 10 competencies, which provide the foundation for academic and co-curricular engagement.
- Career and Professional Development
- UA Business Engagement
- Self-Awareness and Leadership
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Ethics
- Communication Skills
- Digital Technology
- Personal Financial Literacy
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Global and Cultural Engagement
Why Should You Care?
Employer surveys show that competency development is equally as important as your GPA in the hiring process. Through LEAD, you will enrich your skillset and build competencies in career skills that companies value. You will also have access to an e-portfolio to showcase your professional development involvement!
Get Started Today!
- Sign up at app.suitable.co and download the LEAD app (Suitable).
- Follow us on Instagram @uabusinesslead
ResourcesDownload the LEAD app here
Fall 2020 Required LEAD Pathways