Leadership Exploration and Development
What is UA Business LEAD?
UA Business LEAD is a required professional development and student engagement program in the Culverhouse College of Business that prepares students to be career-ready.
It is a holistic and competency-based program where students engage in both academic and co-curricular activities designed to further their personal and professional development.
- Required Professional Development Courses
- GBA 146
- GBA 246
- GBA 346
- Career and Professional Development Workshops
- Capstone Experiences
- Speaker Series
We would love to hear from you!
Keely S. Latopolski, Ph.D.
Director, Professional Development and Engagement
Lara Ellen Locke, M.A.
Assistant Director, Professional Development and Engagement
The components of UA Business LEAD are driven by 10 competencies, which provide the foundation for academic and co-curricular engagement.
- Career and Professional Development
- UA Business Engagement
- Self-Awareness and Leadership
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Ethics
- Communication Skills
- Digital Technology
- Personal Financial Literacy
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Global and Cultural Engagement
Why Should You Care?
Employer surveys show that competency development is equally as important as your GPA in the hiring process. Through LEAD, you will enrich your skillset and build competencies in career skills that companies value. You will also have access to an e-portfolio to showcase your professional development involvement!
Get Started Today!
- Sign up at app.suitable.co and download the LEAD app (Suitable).
- Follow us on Instagram @uabusinesslead
Is Your Campus Event LEAD-Point Eligible?
ResourcesDownload the LEAD app here
Fall 2020 Required LEAD Pathways