A current UA student who wants to transfer credits from another institution should follow this process:
- Meet with an academic advisor to discuss transfer credit options.
- Check out the Transfer Credit Equivalency Tables on the Registrar’s website. These tables show how courses from another institution will transfer to UA. If a course is not on the table, you can request an evaluation by contacting an advisor for assistance or by visiting 10 Bidgood Hall during Drop-In hours.
- Apply to the institution where you intend to take courses. There is often a designated transient or visiting student admissions application for students who are temporarily enrolling at another school.
- Log in to myBama to generate a Letter of Transiency on the Student tab. This is an agreement between you and the University, giving permission for the course to transfer. The letter can easily be sent to your Crimson email. Save the letter in your email and provide a copy to the other institution, if requested.
- Register for and complete the courses at the other institution.
- When your final grades are posted and finalized, you are required to request to have an official copy of your transcript from the other institution sent to UA.