Culverhouse Student Support Resources
Browse a list of resources available to students during this period of remote learning.
General Information & Updates
- Due to current University of Alabama policies that have limited in-person contact through the current coronavirus pandemic, Culverhouse Student Services staff are only available online or by phone or email.
- Read a statement from Dean Palan about the College’s approach during this time.
- University updates will be made at healthinfo.ua.edu
Learn what resources we are making available to you.
Hear a special message from Dean Palan.
Back to top
Culverhouse Student Services is available and ready to help you. Browse your advising options below to reach out to our team.
- Get access to free tutoring, academic coaching, and skills sessions at the Student Success Center.
- Find assistance with grammar, citations, research, and more at The Writing Center
Back to top
- Choose from any of our 8 undergraduate majors
- Focus your study in one of our 16 minors
- Specialize further within any of our 10 concentrations
- Enroll in our first-of-its-kind STEM & CREATE Paths to the MBA
- Earn a bachelors and masters degree in only one extra year of study through AMP, our Accelerated Masters Program.
- Our Manderson Graduate School of Business MBA Case Team won 1st in the 2019 SEC MBA Case Team Competition.
- The college recently celebrated 100 years of transforming business at the capstone.
- The Culverhouse School of Accountancy has the 11th best undergrad, 10th best Master’s, and 9th best Ph.D. Accounting program in the nation according to Public Accounting Report in its 2019 Professors Survey.
Discover more by visiting our points of pride page.
AC 310 & 311 Tutoring
Sydney Fletcher (email@example.com) is providing free tutoring this summer for AC 310 and AC 311. Sydney is available by appointment, and she can be very flexible about times. Please schedule times to talk to Sydney via Zoom for yourself or your group. Sydney can also provide advice on how to approach the course, so for this advice contact her sooner rather than later.
ST 260 Tutoring
OM 300 Tutoring
With the transition to online learning, we understand issues can arise. Please look through these resources to assist you.
- Browse OIT’s resources for remote teaching and learning.
- Culverhouse Dean Kay Palan has also outlined a series of best practices for remote learning.
- Download the UA virtual private network (VPN) to access critical applications on campus.
Back to top
NOTE: The following list of frequently asked questions is specific to the Culverhouse College of Business. For campus-wide updates regarding COVID-19, visit https://healthinfo.ua.edu.
Q: What is a face-to-face course (FA)?
A: These courses are taught in a classroom, face-to-face with your instructor.
Q: What is an interactive audio/video course (AV)?
A: These courses are taught remotely with real-time online class meetings with the instructor. The class will meet at a designated time with two-way exchange capabilities between the instructor and students.
Q: What is a hybrid course (HY)?
A: A hybrid course includes both face-to-face interactions and online teaching components and learning activities. The internet delivered components reduce the time traditionally spent in the face-to-face portion of the course but you will still have the opportunity for face-to-face interactions with your instructor.
Q: What is an internet course (IN)?
A: Internet course content is strictly delivered online. Some proctored exams may be required but there are no other requirements that are place bound. Regular interactions between you and your instructor are a part of the teaching and learning process online.
Q: Are payment plans an option at UA?
A: Yes, please go here for more information about payment plans
Q: How do I get advised?
A: All Culverhouse students will be advised by Culverhouse Student Services through various digital points. You can schedule an appointment by:
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling 205-348-4537
- Filling out a form for e-advising
- Or “visit” an on-call advisor
Q: When is the last day to drop a course with a “W”?
A: The last day for a student to withdraw from a Summer I course with a “W” is June 14. The last day for a student to withdraw from a Summer II course with a “W” is July 19. The last day for a student to withdraw from a Summer Full Term course with a “W” is July 7.
Q: What do I do if I have registration issues?
A: Culverhouse Student Services will be available to answer registration questions. Staff can be reached at email@example.com
Q: I have an advising hold/PIN. Do I still need to meet with my advisor?
A: Schedule a Zoom appointment with your advisor here or call Culverhouse Student Services Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. at 205-348-4537. The purpose of the hold is to allow us to check-in and touch base about your academic progress which can be done over the phone.
Q: How do I reach my professors during this remote teaching and learning time?
A: The Culverhouse faculty directory can be found here: https://culverhouse.ua.edu/directory/.
Q: My faculty aren’t responding to my e-mails. What do I do?
A: If you don’t get a response within a few days, try to email again. If you still do not hear back, please send a copy of your email(s) to the department chair of the instructor asking the best method to get in touch.
The department chairs are:
- Culverhouse School of Accountancy: Dr. Rich Houston
- Economics, Finance, & Legal Studies: Dr. Laura Razzolini
- Information Systems, Statistics, and Management Science: Dr. John Mittenthal
- Management: Dr. Lou Marino
- Marketing: Dr. Kristy Reynolds
Q: Are student support services such as Counseling, Health Center, WGRC and tutoring available?”
A: Yes, student support services are available to all students. More information about university-wide student support services can be found here: https://healthinfo.ua.edu/student-faqs/
Q: What do I do if I have a question about Bama Bound Orientation?
A: Bama Bound Orientation questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: As a student, do I have to get tested for COVID-19?
Q: Where can I find more answers?
Other Useful Information
- Have questions about Bruno Library? Search through the library frequently asked questions.
- In need of emergency assistance? Check out the BamaCares fund.
- There are payment plans available if needed. Visit this website to learn more.
Need someone to talk to? Dr. Christine Taylor and Latoya Scott of the UA department of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are here for you.Culverhouse Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Back to top