The counselors in the BMAP program are a group of upperclassmen Culverhouse students who are passionate about the college and are eager to share their experiences with high school students.
Application and Interview Process
- Applications will be available February 1st
- Application Deadline is March 8th
- Interviews will take place March 25th – April 5th
- Required Mandatory Training in April
- Enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate Culverhouse College of Business student
- 21 years old by June 1, 2018.
- Have a valid driver license
- Pass a background check and Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) search through The University
- Live in dormitory facilities with other staff and students
- Positive attitude and enthusiastic personality
- Build relationships with camp participants, fellow counselors and directors
- Be a self-motivated individual who shows initiative, follows instructions, and works independently with minimal supervision.
- Move/lift up to 30lbs
- Navigate across campus and surrounding areas with reasonable accommodation
- Participate in indoor and outdoor camp activities
- Be flexible with your work schedule (willing to work day, night, or mid-shift)
- Can only have one summer class.
- Report for work beginning the weekend before the camp begins.
- Commit to participation for the full duration of the camp (exceptions granted on as needed basis) in exchange for $500 compensation.